Moorfields A&E Attend Anywhere (online) service is for existing Moorfields patients and those who live locally to Moorfields Eye Hospital in London who have a potentially life or sight threatening problem.
The service is not for general advice on minor conditions or to discuss use of medications or upcoming appointments. You will not be admitted to speak to a clinician online if you do not have a genuine eye care emergency.
Please use NHS 111 online for minor eye problems or contact your GP or optician. Moorfields patients can also use our nurse-led line on 0207 566 2345, 9am-5pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturdays.
Terms of using the service
Please read the following before you log on to use the service, as this will help us and you save time in getting the correct care.
- If you are under the care of another eye hospital, you must contact them for advice first. If you live closer to another eye unit, we will redirect you there.
- Even if you have been advised to call us by your GP or 111, you may not be seen if you do not fulfil the above criteria and your condition is not an emergency.
- If you are non NHS eligible or live outside the UK, we are unable to help you.
- Attend Anywhere is not an examination. It's a chance for you to speak to a Moorfields clinician to discuss whether you need to attend eye casualty.
- Please inform the doctor if you are unwell, or have had any contact with anyone with Corona-virus, and this will help them direct you to the safest service.
- This is not an emergency service. If you are in danger and require urgent help, dial 999.
Please note, this service does not replace a full ophthalmic examination. Instead, it is aimed to help the doctor decide the safest action for you. Some patients may be asked to come to hospital for a further examination, whilst others can be managed locally.
We attempt to answer all calls within 30 minutes. At busy times and at weekends the wait can be up to two hours. Please bear with us, we will get to you as soon as we can. If you need general advice, you can also try our nurse-led line on 0207 566 2345, 9am-5pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturdays.
How to attend the emergency care video consultation triage:
- The video consultations will be held between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays) and between 10am and 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Click the 'City Road - A&E Virtual Registration' link below.
- You will be taken through a series of steps to ensure that your equipment is set up properly.
- Enter name, date of birth and phone number when prompted. You will be asked to accept the terms and conditions of using the service*.
- A member of reception staff will register you before admitting you into the waiting room.
- Once in the waiting room, you will see yourself on the video and hear music. The waiting room is private and you will not see other patients.
- When the consultation is ready to begin, your image will shrink and move to the corner of the screen and you will see your clinician.
Please note this service is NOT available between 12.00pm and 1.30pm.
*This information is not stored beyond the length of the video consultation.
For more information please download our Video Consultation Patient Information leaflet (PDF).
Attend Anywhere is the technology we use for our confidential video consultations.
Video consultations enable you to have your appointment via a completely secure video environment from the comfort of your own home.
You can connect using a PC, Mac or an iOS / Android device via a web browser. It is advised that you use the latest version of Google Chrome or Safari web browsers for this service.
I don’t have a device that has a camera and microphone; can I still have a video consultation?
Unfortunately not, to hold an effective video consultation our clinicians will need to both see and hear you therefore your device must have a camera and a microphone. Please press ‘Ok’ for all camera and microphone access pop ups.
Having trouble connecting?