Where can I find out more about specific conditions?
Information about several of the more common eye conditions is available on our website. Simply click on the drop down menu on the homepage and click on the condition you’re interested in. For some conditions, you’ll also be able to download patient information leaflets about specific conditions. We’ll be adding information about further eye conditions in future.
Please call the communications team on 020 7566 2628 if you would like any of our patient information literature in an alternative format such as a plain word document, large print or Braille, and we will arrange this for you.
Which consultants work in the cataract service?
- David Bessant
- Linda Ficker
- Badrul Hussain
- Alex Ionides
- Vincenzo Maurino - cataract service director
- George Saleh
- Martin Watson
- Mark Wilkins
- Jasmin Singh
- Kamran Saha
- Romil Patel
- George Voyatzis
- Alex Day
- Zubin Saihan
- Sharmina Khan
In which locations do you offer this service?
- Moorfields Eye Hospital, City Road, London
- Moorfields Eye Centre at Croydon University Hospital
- Moorfields Eye Centre at Northwick Park Hospital
- Moorfields Duke Elder Eye Unit at St George’s Hospital
- Moorfields Eye Centre at Bedford Hospital (South Wing)
- Moorfields Eye Centre at Ealing Hospital
- Moorfields Eye Unit at Mile End Hospital
- Moorfields Eye Unit at Potters Bar Community Hospital
- Moorfields Eye Unit at Queen Mary’s Hospital
- Moorfields Eye Unit at St Ann’s Hospital
- Moorfields Community Eye Clinic at Barking Community Hospital (outpatient appointments only)
- Moorfields Eye Unit at Darent Valley Hospital
Unless noted otherwise, we treat patients both as outpatients and as day-cases for surgery in these locations.