My eye care and Coronavirus
Useful information and advice for patients managing eye care conditions in between appointments.
Due to Covid-19, we may have rescheduled your appointment with us here at Moorfields. On this page you will find links to helpful advice and information on self-managing specific eye care conditions.
FAQs/advice on eye care conditions
- Contact lenses
- External disease and cornea
- Medical retinal conditions - This information relates to some of the more common conditions that are managed in the Medical Retina clinics at Moorfields. If you need to speak to a clinician urgently, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please provide your name and hospital number), or call us on 0207 566 2472.
Patients of St George's with injection queries can email Yvette Chalpkin email@example.com. For patients at Croydon with injection queries, please contact Tarun Sharma firstname.lastname@example.org . Yvette and Tarun will be able to answer questions regarding the Purley injection service.
Contacts for Moorfields patients
For existing appointments, your first point of contact should be the number on your appointment letter (if you have one). Alternatively, you can use one of the following options, or, if they are busy, email us on email@example.com:
Appointments team, 020 7566 2700
Please contact the hospital first for appointments at the following sites:
- Northwick Park 020 3182 4000, 020 3182 4030, 020 3183 4028 or 020 3183 4029; or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ealing 020 8967 5766
- St Ann’s 020 7566 2841 or 020 8211 8323
- Croydon, Purley, Parkway and Sanderstead 0208 401 3128; or email email@example.com
- St George’s 020 7702 5542
- Potters Bar 01707 646422 or 01707 651602
- Stratford 020 8223 8820
- Barking 020 7566 2744
For all other sites (including City Road), please contact the team for your service, if listed below:
- Cataract clinics: 020 7566 2712
- Cataract surgery: 0207 566 2970
- Medical retina: 0207 566 2700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oncology 020 7566 2357 (select option 3)
- Viteroretinal surgery: 020 7566 2004
- Viteroretinal clinics: email@example.com
- Uveitis: firstname.lastname@example.org
The appointments team, 020 7566 2700, can help for all other services and sites.
Medicine for patients
Moorfields pharmacy department has launched a new patient medicines helpline service.
Patients can call 0207 566 2361, Monday to Friday, 9am-5.30pm (except bank holidays) for advice and guidance on their medication. The helpline is managed by pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and trained healthcare staff and is available to all Moorfields patients across UK sites.
Moorfields patients and those living in central London who require emergency eye care (sight threatening problems or eye injuries) can use our A&E Attend Anywhere service during the time below.
Monday to Friday:
Saturday to Sunday:
These video consultations will allow us to assess your condition and provide advice on whether or not you need to come into our A&E department for further checks. More information can be found on the Emergency care page. If you require urgent medical advice out of these hours, you can contact our A&E department on 020 7253 3411.
We will also continue to provide urgent care at the following sites:
- City Road
- Northwick Park
- St George’s
- St Ann's
- Potters Bar
- Sir Ludwig Guttman Stratford
Useful video guides on how to put drops in, and take care of your eyes at home.
How to put eye drops in children and babies