As an NHS foundation trust, we are a membership organisation. This means that anyone who is over the age of 16 and is either a patient, a member of staff, or who lives in one of our public constituencies can become a member of our foundation trust. Our members, and the governors who represent them, help us to stay in touch with the communities we serve, provide valuable feedback on our services and can get involved in a range of other events and activities.
It's your hospital: become a member
Joining Moorfields Eye Hopsital NHS Foundation Trust gives you the opportunity to support and get involved in the work of a world-famous eye hospital. Membership is free and all members can have a say in how the trust develops, giving the community and our patients the opportunity to shape the future of the services we provide at Moorfields.
As a member, you will receive*:
- Information about Moorfields, the latest developments in treatment, research and general hospital news
- Invitations to participate in service or site-specific workshops
- Invitations to events such as our annual general meeting, social events, fundraising activities and events focusing on topical eye health issues.
As a member you can:
- Give us your views on our services
- Vote for or stand as a governor in future elections
- Influence decisions and have your voice heard through your elected governor
- Attend special events and focus groups
*We provide information in various different ways but we encourage members to provide email addresses so that we can communicate in a way that is more cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
Who can join?
It is important to us to have as many members as possible so that we reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and meet the needs of our patients and staff. We are very keen to encourage people who do not traditionally get involved to join Moorfields and have their say.
You can become a member if you are either:
- A resident aged 16 or over in Greater London, Bedfordshire, Essex or Hertfordshire
- A patient aged 16 or over who has received treatment at any one of our sites, wherever you live
- The carer aged 16 or over of a current patient. Both carer and patient can become members
- Staff – all staff automatically become members when they join Moorfields, although they can opt out if they wish
Types of membership:
There are two types of membership: public and patient. Public members live in the areas where Moorfields provides services. Constituences are:
- South West London
- South East London
- North East London & Essex
- North Central London
- North West London
If you do not live in one of these areas but are a patient, you can become a patient member. Both public and patient members have the same opportunity to have say in the care and services provided by the trust. You can become a public or patient member privded you are over 16 yeras of age. Membership is free.
How do I join?
You can complete an online application form here. Alternatively, membership packs are available from our membership office, which you can contact on 020 7566 2490 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect and use your information:
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Please read this Privacy Notice to find out how we use your information and what your rights are in relation to Trust membership.