The benefits of membership
Membership is a chance to support and get involved in our work. You can do as much or as little as you feel able, but all members have the opportunity to have a say in how we develop and to help shape our future – and your experience and knowledge means that we can be more responsive to members’ needs.
As a member, you will receive:
- Information about Moorfields, the latest developments in treatment and general hospital news in our quarterly magazine, In Focus
- Invitations to patient days that focus on topical and current eye health issues
- Invitations to events such as our annual general meeting and the opportunity to participate in social events such as the summer exhibition, workshops and fundraising events
As a member you can:
- Give us your views about our services
- Vote for a governor, or stand as a governor in the future
- Attend special events
- Meet with your governors
Who can join?
It is important to us to have as many members as possible so that we reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and meet the needs of our patients and staff. We are very keen to encourage people who do not traditionally get involved to join Moorfields and have their say.
You can become a member if you are either:
- A resident aged 14 or over in Greater London, Bedfordshire, Essex or Hertfordshire
- A patient aged 14 or over who has received treatment at any one of our sites, wherever you live
- The carer aged 14 or over of a current patient. Both carer and patient can become members
- Staff – all staff automatically become members when they join Moorfields, although they can opt out if they wish
How do I join?
Membership packs are available from our membership office, which you can contact on 020 7566 2490 or by email to email@example.com.