Safeguarding adults at risk
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust aims to provide good quality care to all our patients whatever their needs.
Everyone has a right to be treated with dignity and respect.
In line with national and local guidance, we have a duty of care to identify and report cases of abuse (or suspected abuse) of adults at risk.
An adult at risk is someone who is not always able to protect themselves from harm because of their age, disability, illness or mental capacity.
Our staff are trained to ensure that any concerns regarding possible abuse or neglect of our patients, their carers or our staff, either inside Moorfields Eye Hospital or out in the community, are responded to appropriately and promptly. We work in partnership with adult social care services in all boroughs to promote awareness, prevention, reporting and investigation of adult abuse and neglect.
- Moorfields’ patient advice and liaison service (PALS): 020 7566 2324 or 020 7566 2325 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Islington Adult Social Services: 020 7527 2299 or email@example.com
- Care Quality Commission: 03000 616161
- Relatives and Resident’s Association: 020 7359 8148
- Healthwatch: 020 7832 5814
- AgeUK – Protecting Yourself
- Elder Abuse
For further information regarding safeguarding adults at Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.