We promote the safe use of medicines across the Trust to keep medication incidents at a minimum, as we continue to issue an average of 30,000 prescribed items each month.
Some of our steps to promote safe medicines use across the trust include:
- The Medication Safety Thermometer, this is a measurement tool for improvement that focuses on:
- Medication reconciliation, allergy status, medication omission, and identifying harm from high risk medicines in line with Domain 5 of the NHS outcomes framework.
- Efficient response to drug safety alerts from the Department of Health
- Medicines information for staff and patients
Medicines Safety News Issue Bulletins:
- Medicines Safety News Issue 1, May 2014
- Medication Safety News Issue 2, Sept 2014
- Medication Safety News Issue 3, Dec 2014
- Medication Safety News Issues 4, Dec 2015