Event date and time
Ebenezer street, right hand side, second floor boardroom
Aims: This course provides an overview of the Mental Capacity Act for the staff of Moorfields Eye Hospital.
Learning outcomes: On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the key elements of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and demonstrate practical application of the Act/
- Explain how their working practices will be affected by the legislation and how the Act will affect their patients.
- Illustrate how they will use different parts of the Act in their role.
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 – when, where and why?
- Consent & Capacity
- Legal status and guidance – Code of Practice and GMC
- The Principles – protecting people.
- Assessing capacity – the four part assessment and detail.
- Assessing capacity – practice issues.
- Case Study.
- How to record the assessment – issues in practice & preparing for the CQC.
- Best interests – the assessment process.
- Best interests - practice issues.
- Restraint- the legal criteria.
Event booking information
Please book your place via insight: https://meh.kallidus1.com/external
For further information, please email: email@example.com