Services we provide
All queries from journalists, broadcasters or film-makers should be made to the communications team. We are in the best position to provide the required information and help answer any questions, as well as:
- help you find expert comment on a wide range of eye diseases and eye health issues
- provide press releases on the latest news at Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (which are also published online)
- facilitate filming and photography requests
- oversee filming and photography
- obtain consent from patients and staff before any filming/photography
We welcome media coverage of our work. Please remember that access to our clinicians will depend on their patient care duties. Our main focus is the treatment and care of patients and we reserve the right to decline requests if conflicts arise.
Moorfields Eye Hospital receives many requests for documentary, location and live news broadcast filming. We consider all proposals and try to accommodate where possible and appropriate.
Please note any photography or filming at Moorfields Eye Hospital must be agreed and arranged in advance with the communications team and cannot be considered as likely to go ahead until there has been a detailed discussion with us, even if you have spoken directly to a clinician or other member of staff.
It helps us manage these requests more effectively if you initially email us your request with the following information:
- Name and organisation
- Production channel and working title
- Delivery format
- Target audience
- Expected transmission/publication date
- In the case of a film, whether it has been commissioned
- Purpose of production, eg news, entertainment, education
- Proposed subject/s covered by filming (including staff and patients)
Contacting the communications team
We can be contacted during normal office hours (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday) on 020 7566 2628 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an urgent media enquiry out of hours which specifically involves Moorfields, please contact the main switchboard on 020 7253 3411 and ask to be put through to the press officer on call.